Friday, June 10, 2011

Not a good way to start a Friday......

Wow. I am usually thrilled to see the week draw to an end. I love Fridays as I have always stated. Today not loving it right now. Awoke to fighting. That is always a red flag on how the rest of the morning may go. I then turned over pretending to ignore the obvious chaos that is about to erupt in my living room. The yells " I had it first" grow louder. I pull the pillow harder over my head. keep in my mind my house is set up so there is a kitchen and playroom between my room and the living room so in order to hear them from my room they have to be at quite an elevated volume. Def. not your typical "inside voice" As the loud voices become shrieks I can no longer ignore I drag myself out of bed and head towards the volume. Then I see it on my way through the kitchen. My husband sitting at the table. Reading the paper and drinking coffee? WHAT? For real? Do you not hear your kids killing each other in the room next to you? I shake my head at him. Give him my best "if look could kill" stare and walk on.
Yep there I find it. One kid on top of the other kid grabbing for a REMOTE CONTROL. Both yelling that they had it first and then a two year old joining in to the chaos because WELL of course no one likes to be left out. SO he is just shrieking and laughing at his crazy brothers. I pull Mason off Dylan. Mason's feet kicking and punching the air at this point. His 36 pounds seeming closer to 100. I sit him on the couch take the remote from Dylan and TURN OFF THE TV. I then walked back to my bedroom, closed the door and did my best to ignore them while I started getting ready for what is sure to be a crazy Friday in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment