Friday, March 18, 2011

WOW... he turned 5.......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




Talking about starting school and Mason turning 5 seemed like something that was so far away in the future that it did not even seem real. However the years flew by and this past weekend he turned 5 years old. We celebrated his 5th party at my cousins house just outisde of Boston. She went out of her way and BEYOND spoil Mason. Her and her fiancee went all out for the kids Cake, presents, food. It was a blast. The weekend went by so fast that I had little time to reflect on the last 5 years. However I have spent the past week with tears of sadness and tears of joys thinking about how far he has come.
He made an early appearance into the world back in 2006. He had it all figured out. Since then he still surprises us daily with things he says and does. He is stubborn, strong willed, passionate and perfect. =-) He can put you in your place with out the blink of an eye. He can also give you hugs and kisses just when you need it most. He can melt your heart with his big blue eyes that seem to sparkle in any light. The thought of him going to school next year is something that I have not yet been able to stomach. It makes me ill to think about putting my little 37 pound 5 year old on the big school bus next year. He enters another phase of his life as he turns 5. One that I hope holds as many fun times and adventures as the last 5 years has held.
I had tears in my eyes the first time I held him and tears in my eyes when we put him to bed for the first night as a five year old. My husband picked him up cradled as you would an infant. He kissed him softly on the forehead and said this is how I held you the very first time and this is how I am carrying you to bed as a 5 year old. I lost it at the moment and my heart burst with love for both of them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. sweetness! Mason is such a cutie! I know you'll miss him next school year!

    ReplyDelete