Friday, March 11, 2011

Baths, Bubbles and Brothers

 

 

 

 

 



Friday mornings always start off the same here. Josh and Dylan head out to work and school. The little two bounce around the house in their pajamas and play. They are so excited to be together since Mason has had preschool the past three morning. They beg and beg to take a bubble bath together. Each bath exactly like the last. They fill the time with all the toys they want to bring in and the ones they should not bring in. William always tries to invite the dog in the tub, and I ALWAYS remind him that we can not do that. The bathroom is soon filled with the giggles of brothers spraying each other with water and the smell of baby magic taking over the bathroom. I sit down on the edge of the tub, once again asking myself why on earth I would have gotten dressed before this, because I am going to end up soaked and changing my clothes. This never fails no matter how many times I sound like my mother by saying. " bath water stays in the bath tub" I often find myself sounding a lot like my mother these days. It makes me laugh because I know that some day the boys will be repeating these same bathroom rules to their own children and the fear will hit them that they sound like me. We add warm water a few times until they are so wrinkled that they look like little old men. I then have to talk them into getting out by bribing them with a morning snack. They both sit in front of the wood stove wrapped in their towels warming themselves. I love Friday mornings...... Of course there are many other baths that take place over the course of the week, but nothing seems like the Friday morning bath where there is no school to be at or errand to run and they just play so peacefully.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Jess...you're killing me. You make me tear up everytime!
    I can't wait for my girls to be able to take baths like this. I mean, they're currently bathing together, but I can't let them play yet. It will come soon enough.
    I say over and over to Addie, "No splashing!" haha

    ReplyDelete