Monday, August 26, 2013

Summer is almost over.




The summer days have winded down. I feel myself filled with mixed emotions as the school year approaches. I always find the first day of school very overwhelming, This year I get to do it three times. All the boys have a different first day of school. So the sadness and anxiety will come in threes this year. YEP threes. My baby. My last child. My now 4 year old will go off to Pre K next week. He will go two FULL days a week this year. I have been doing the mom thing for so long I have no idea what I will do with 2 full days to myself. CRY? Maybe?? I just want the summer back. I want a redo. This summer has been bitter sweet it many ways.
Mason is starting second grade in two days. Dylan is starting 8th grade in three days and then Will is off to Pre K next week. Really? Is this it? Have my years of being a sahm come down to this? I will miss having someone home every day that depends on me and needs me. I will miss the five days a week where I am just home being a mom. I will miss the fun walks and talks. Most of all I will miss the pitter patter of little feet that filled my week days. It is a big change. Maybe more so for me then them . =(

No comments:

Post a Comment