Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas came and went....

Christmas is one of those many occasions that you feel you spend so much time and money preparing for and then it is over in the blink of an eye. We had a good Christmas here . The boys and myself were once again spoiled.
Having children ages 4, 6, and 12 makes christmas much different then 3 years ago when they were 1, 3, and 9. They really seemed to understand and enjoy every aspect of the holidays this year. They seemed to appreciate and love all the gifts they received. No one needed a nap (except me) no one was tired or grouchy (again except me ) However the day was over with the blink of an eye and we were left standing in a pile of bows, paper, legos and army men. Josh took the day after off to help me get the house back together. We managed to get it all put away and the tree and decorations down until next year when we do it all over again.

2013 is only days away. When I was a kid that year sounded so far away. Now here it is among us. I look back at the past 13 years .. which will be how long it has been since i graduated highschool. I had big hopes and dreams, many of them have become realities. Those that have no yet turned out that way. I will vow to try to change over the next year. Being happier, appreciating the little things. Loving unconditionally. Forgiving and forgetting. Becoming the person I am proud of on the inside and out. 2013 will be a year for changes in my life. I am never the sappy blogger.. but I guess today I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment