Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Eventually you just have to pick yourself back up off the floor.....




Its been six months since Dylan's diagnosis. The world seemed to stop for awhile. Or at least ours did. I saw others living their normal every day lives and wondered how they can just carry on when our world has just been turned upside down. Of course we do not even know most of them but to me it felt like the world had stopped.

Dylan has been made fully aware of his condition. I still know he does not completely understand it. Heck, neither do I most days. We have seen MANY doctors lately and are just trying to adjust to all the newness. He has more good days then bad which is obviously a great thing.

The kids are officially on Thanksgiving break today. Which leads us right into the holiday season. I woke up today and thought to myself. Its time to get back up. Its time to regain control of my life. Its time to get back up off the floor. Swallow our new reality and go forward.

The fact that we have three amazing boys did not change. The fact that we love them unconditionally did not change. The fact that we want them to have the best life possible did not change. So how can you make that happen from the floor?? YOU CAN'T.


So I am standing up today, I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast instead of toast and cereal. We are making cookies and getting into the holiday spirit. Now I will still have days where I ask WHY. I will still have days where my heart breaks for a boy who was dealt this hand. However I will still smile, love , and live with all I have. I will remind him and his brothers every day in some way that they are special. We will enjoy this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment